2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee New Generation – Best Cherokee EVER!
Here is The Overview of an Upcoming 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Which Will Amaze Its Loyal Followers. Chrysler Corporation brings a new present for the loyal follower: New Generation Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is a manufacturer which has underpinned the Dodge Durango and the Jeep Jeep Grand Cherokee since 2011 circa. Even the designer proved that his design was very well-shaped for a vehicle.
At this moment, the company thinks that the Jeep Grand Cherokee needs a new bone.At an investor conference in Italy, the CEO of the company Sergio Marchionne revealed that there will be the next Jeep Grand Cherokee which he confirmed as the platform of the Giulia sedan as well as the Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV.
Sergio explained more than the new Jeep Grand Cherokee will originally start with Alfa architecture but with a little modification and is extended to cover both a two-row seat and a three-row seat of Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is to say that the platform of the car has adapted from the typical Jeep basic model. What are the modifications and the improvements of 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Check the details over here.
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Redesign & Changes
Before viewing the plan of the new Jeep Grand Cherokee, let’s take a look at the current model which is supported by five engine options. Therefore, the new car is planned will have the same options. There are only a few changes which will occur and be unleashed by the company in detail soon.
There are 3 options for the car engine:
- Referring to the engine, the car will be supported with a 3.6-liter V-6 engine which provides 295 hp and 260 pound-feet of the torque. This first option also has the rear-wheel drive which reaches 19 mpg in the city ordinary road and 26 mpg on the highway. Even the AWD model is pointed at 18/25 mpg.
- The second engine option is a 5.7-liter V-8 unit which is able to produce 390 lb-ft of torque as well as 350 hp. AWD also comes in this unit and it is rated at 22 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city for the rate.
- The third option is a 3.0-liter V6 and it is able to bring power to 240 hp and 420 pounds of torque.
- The SRT model is coming with a 604-liter V-8 engine and brings 470 pound-feet of the torque and 475 horsepower. The standard system of the all-wheel drive at least 19 mpg on the highway and 13mpg in the city.
- The Trackhawk model will be facilitated by a 6.2-liter V-8 of the supercharged engine which produces 645lb-ft of torque and 707 horsepowers. The AWD itself is the only option with a rate of 11/17 mpg.
To sum up, all the engines could work with an automatic transmission of 8 speeds. However, it is still really possible for the new 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee to get a hybrid engine with more supporting details.
Although there is no official revelation yet about the exterior redesign, the rumor says that the new Jeep Grand Cherokee will likely come with a new platform as we call an Alfa Romeo “Giorgio” design. This design comes to the current Stelvio and Alfa Romeo Giulia models. The new D-pillar or shark fin design will come to this model as like on Renegade. This new jeep, however, will come with the lighter body weight which of course will affect the entire performances.
- Headlights and Rear Tail Lights
Besides it is believed that the new bone of the car will be more attractive in design and look more muscular, it is likely will have the seven-slot grille and tall profile. The styling might be changed, too, and it will get some minor adjustments at the front and the back of fascias such as the headlights and the rear tail lights.
The headlights probably have the similar shape and look to the Previous Cherokee. It means you will get a “switchback” signature lighting when the white LED lights flash while turning signal is activated.
The rear tail lights still follow the current Jeep lines with the long but narrow lenses which are set to be closer.
The bumpers might look more aggressive than the Summit, and the wheels would be pushed out further to the corners for improving the handling.
For the seats, the new jeep will offer a three-row seat design with E-segment SUV in a mid-size. In one set, you will essentially notice the continuation of the WK series with a new body code. You will also see that the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee will share much more with the Alfa Romeo Stelvio with some differences. It is because some Jeeps will have the lower prices but must be practical off-road. In fact, there is not much contradiction between the two.
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee will be amazingly supported by the Level 2 self-driving technology. This technology enables you to steer, brake, accelerate and change your lines when you drive on the long highway as you can see in Cadillac Super Cruise system. The Level 2 self-driving is predicted to come in 2020, while the Level 3 is planned to come in 2021. Other than technologies of the new car include:
- 360⁰ views from inside vehicle
- A 12-inch vertical center screen, although it could be optional
- The LED headlamps is on higher-end models and likely will across the board although it remains on the standard model
- The Uconnect updated system will offer a new Uconnect with heads-up display and an improved parallel and perpendicular park assistance
- A hands-free power life gate
Finally, the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee is redesigned to be lighter and will be improved on fuel economy along with an upgraded on-road handling. It is also said that this new Jeep Grand Cherokee will target the current market with the same size, similar body construction, and two or three rows of seats with an optional V8.