The Lincoln MKZ lineup has been in the market for many years. There is an interesting development in it. Lincoln is aiming to make the lineup to adopt electric engines.
This starts with the 2018 model, which is available in gasoline as well as hybrid engines. The 2019 model also comes with the same options. Also, according to some reports, the 2019 model is going to be the last model of the lineup. There will be 2019 MKZ successor but it will be under a different name. Will there be a 2020 Lincoln MKZ?
Unfortunately, we don’t know for sure. We are inclined to believe there will be though, even if the 2020 MKZ will come with a different name. Do you want to know more? If you do, you’d want to read on. We will talk about the 2020 model’s redesign, engine, release date, and price.
Table of Contents
2020 Lincoln MKZ Redesign Exterior & Interior
Being a 2020 sedan, there should be some redesigns here and there for the 2020 MKZ. While redesigns are expected, they are not likely to change the overall appearance of the 2020 model. People will still be able to recognize it as a member of the MKZ lineup.
That being the case, both the exterior and interior should get redesigns that are fitting for a 2020 car. As such, we expect the redesigns to emphasize styling and technology.
While information is scarce, it is exciting to see how the luxury sedan will look for the year 2020. The 2020 Lincoln MKZ is likely to ride on the same platform as the 2019 model. It will likely to ride on 18-inch wheels as well. Previously, the 2018 model comes with LED lights for the headlights and foglights. We expect this to be carried over by the 2020 MKZ. The single-framed front grille and the chrome accents of the previous models should be carried over as well.
As for the back end, the taillights should have LED lights and LED bar. The body lines of the luxury sedan are likely to be emphasized even more to make it stylish and aggressive. The 2020 MKZ should have a look of a luxury sedan fitting for 2020.
Similar to the exterior, the interior should not change much from the previous model. That being said, there are many aspects that can be improved and updated. For instance, the cabin and infotainment system. As a luxury sedan, we expect the 2020 Lincoln will get the latest updates. The materials used for the interior will be of premium quality. All the switches and buttons should be easily reachable, with user-friendly features. It should come with lots of safety features, as is usually the case with modern cars.
Since there are multiple trim levels of the MKZ lineup, the 2020 MKZ should also come in multiple trim levels, too. And as usual, the higher the trim level, the more features are offered and the better level of comfort and driving experience will be provided. That being said, even with the base trim, the MKZ’s level of comfort and driving experience is already good.
2020 Lincoln MKZ Engine Specs
The MKZ lineup is going to be all-electric soon. We have seen the start of the transformation in the 2018 model. The 2019 model comes with a hybrid engine option. There are two possibilities for the 2020 MKZ. Either it offers a hybrid engine option just as the 2019 model or it offers an electric-only engine. So far, we are inclined to believe the former to be true. Electric-only engines are, after all, not as powerful as gasoline engines in terms of output.
We expect the 2020 MKZ to still offer a hybrid engine option. The base model of the 2019 Lincoln MKZ gets a 2.0L inline-four engine with an output of up to 250 horsepower with up to 275 lb-ft of torque. The hybrid model also gets the same engine albeit it is paired with an AC magnet motor.
The second engine is a 3.0L V6 turbocharged engine capable of generating as high as 450 horsepower. These engines are paired with a six-speed auto transmission gearbox. The Front-wheel-drive system is the standard. The all-wheel-drive system is available as an alternative.
Since these engines are quite capable, especially in the segment the MKZ lineup is in, we don’t expect Lincoln to change it anytime soon. So, it is likely that the 2020 model will get the same engine options. That being said, there should be updates to make the engines more powerful, especially the hybrid one.
2020 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Version ( Highest Trims)
- 2.0-Liter Atkinson Hybrid Powertrain
- Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (eCVT)
- Adaptive HID headlamps with LED signature lighting
- LED taillamps
- Exterior power, heated pedestal mirrors with integrated turn signals and security approach lamps
- Body-color door handles with chrome insert
- Reverse Sensing System
- Genuine wood door, steering wheel, and instrument panel trim
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio and cruise controls
- Front and rear floor mats
- Dual LCD SmartGauge® with EcoGuide
- Ambient lighting
- Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic Alert (CTA)
- Cabin air filtration system
- Rear window defroster
- Front and rear dome lamps
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- 12V powerpoints – 5
- Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory
- Driver and front passenger visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
- One-touch open/close front and rear windows
- Remote trunk lid release
- Power trunk lid
- Power door locks
- Universal garage door opener
- Variable-speed windshield wipers
- Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
- Cupholders – 10 total
- Overhead console with sunglasses holder
- Front seat-back map pockets
- Front console with two cup holders and armrest storage bin
- Glove compartment with valet lock
- Remote start system
- Cruise control
- Illuminated scuff plates
- Push-Button Shift
- Intelligent access with push-button start
- Active Noise Control (ANC)
- 110V power outlet
- Rear-seat USB charging ports – 2
- Auto-dimming driver side-view mirror
- Auto-folding side-view mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Automatic high-beams
- Windshield wiper de-icer
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop-and-Go
- Pre-collision assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Enhanced Active Park Assist
- Lane-Keeping System
- Forward Sensing System
- Lincoln Connect
- Four-wheel disc anti-lock brake system (ABS) with regenerative braking
- Driver and front-passenger dual-stage airbags
- Front-seat side-impact airbags
- Front knee airbags
- Side-curtain airbags
- Child-safety rear door locks
- Emergency trunk release
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- Personal Safety System™
- Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System (excludes spare)
- Traction control
- Emergency brake assist
- Rearview camera
Fuel Economy & Engine Highlights
|Engine Type||Turbocharged 2.0L I-4||Twin-Turbocharged 3.0L V6||2.0L Atkinson-Cycle I-4 Hybrid|
(Actual mileage will vary)
|FWD: 20 city/31 hwy/24 combined mpg||FWD: 18 city/27 hwy/21 combined mpg||42 city/39 hwy/41 combined mpg|
|AWD: 20 city/29 hwy/23 combined mpg||AWD: 17 city/26 hwy/20 combined mpg|
2020 Lincoln MKZ Release Date and Price
As the 2020 Lincoln MKZ is made to be a 2020 model, we can expect it to enter the market in 2019. It is unlikely to be released in 2020 as there are spy shots of the mule, which means it will enter production soon.
The Price of 2020 Lincoln MKZ is starting at $36,750 for the standard version and $42,500 for the Hybrid Reserve version.
What do you think? Are you interested in the upcoming 2020 Lincoln MKZ? The upcoming Lincoln should offer at least the same level of comfort and driving experience as its predecessors.
We expect it to offer more, though. Lincoln is aiming to make the MKZ lineup as an all-electric car, which we are likely to see with the 2020 MKZ. What do you think? Are you interested in the upcoming MKZ?