2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor: Specs, Performance, Updates
The 2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor certainly comes with many surprises. It has come with an all-new design for both of its exterior and interior. Now, there another variant of it: the 2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor. What kind of SUV this variant will be like? If you want to know the answer, read our preview of the new Explorer Police Interceptor.
2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Exterior
Let’s start with the outer look first. How does the new Explorer Police Interceptor look like? If we have to describe it one sentence, the new SUV looks like a heavy-duty, more rugged and stronger version of the Explorer. There is more to it, of course.
The 2020 Police Interceptor Utility rides on a modified version of chassis of the Lincoln Aviator. This is why while the Police Interceptor Utility version looks different from the civilian version of the 2020 Explorer. This new platform also makes both rear-wheel and all-wheel drive systems available.
What about the interior? Just like the exterior, the interior also feels heavy duty. This is understandable, considering that the SUV is made to accommodate police officers and help them do their job. For example, rather than having a console-mounted shifter, the new SUV keeps its column-mounted location. This frees up room for tactical equipment or auxiliary gear like laptops.
The front seats of the SUV also get a makeover. Now, it comes with better upper as well as lower support and a unique design that allows police officers to sit comfortably even when they wear bulky equipment belts.
2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Performance
Law enforcement vehicles, including the 2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor, need to be strong and reliable. They must be able to withstand the abuse, wear, and tear. This is why the new SUV comes equipped with cop-spec steering, suspension, brakes and tires components. The engine options are also powerful enough to accommodate the daily routine of police officers.
The following are the engine options of the 2020 Police Interceptor Utility
- The standard engine is a 3.3-liter, V6 Duratec engine. This engine is very powerful already, capable of delivering up to 285 hp with 260 lb-ft of torque.
- The second engine is a hybrid. It is basically the same engine as the standard engine but with the addition of hybrid assist. Thanks to the hybrid assist, the engine is capable of delivering even more power, up to 318 hp with 322 lb-ft of torque.
- The last and most powerful engine is a 3.0-liter, twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 engine. It is much, much more powerful than the previous two engines. It is capable of delivering a whopping 400 hp with 415 lb-ft of torque.
Among the three engine options, the premium hybrid engine has the best fuel efficiency. It is estimated that the hybrid engine is able to save no less than $1,000/year per cop car. That’s a great number.
So, what do you think? Isn’t the new 2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor very interesting? The new Police Interceptor is mainly designed to help the police do their job. Its exterior, interior and engine are planned so the SUV can help police officers do their job. It is not surprising if the SUV is capable, reliable and comfortable.
Incoming search terms:
- ford police interceptor 2020
- 2020 ford explorer police
- police ford explorer
- ford interceptor suv
- ford interceptor
- 2020 ford explorer police interceptor specs
- ford explorer interceptor
- 2020 police interceptor utility options
- 2020 ford explorer interceptor v6
- 2020 police explorer